Eating When You're Thirsty

     Most of you have heard it said that some of the reason many of us eat too often is because we are really thirty and are mistaking this want for being hungry.

     I would like to verify and admit that I am often thirsty. So thirsty that my tongue turns into dry sandpaper. Having said that I want to tell you that as a diabetic I know that when a super thirst rolls in, one that makes you drink till you vomit you're in deep medical trouble and need to get to an ER. Having been through that and almost dying I'm always afraid when I get real thirsty so I avoid over drinking any liquid. This just adds to the thirst.

     Having said all that I admit this to you. When I eat it deepens the need for a drink of something cold so that when I take a long gulp it's that much more satisfying. Who doesn't love eating some carbs and then taking that long cold drink. It feels so good going down your throat and washing the food down makes it even more satisfying.

     Now that I know and admit that I know what I must do. That is too drink water or a no cal drink in between eating and without any food to go with it. I've tried it and having satisfied my thirst I'm more able to control my eating so that now I can eat when I'm hungry and not thirsty.

     If you can't manage that plan try this. Combine food and drink. The best thing is a fruit smoothie you make yourself. The more crushed ice you have in your drink the longer it will take you to drink this, making the refreshing coolness stay with you longer. All you have to do is add a hand full of ice and combine it with some low sugar fruit juice and some fruit. Best is frozen fruit like strawberry, blueberry, and banana.

     The sooner you can separate thirst and hunger, the sooner you can lose more weight.

Photo by Calvert Cafe

0 comments:

 

Diet, Weight Loss-Dying For Food © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair