New Theory on Weight Loss

     This is only my theory on weight loss. It comes from observations of my own overeating. First I believe that you can only successfully kick a habit if it's presented right in front of you and you can refuse it. We all have our favorite foods and our food weaknesses. However having those foods in abundance in your kitchen actually help you to resist them.

     For instance, for a long time my family was broke and we were actually just getting food from food pantries. At that time having a fast food burger or an apple pie at home was such a treat I would just gobble them down. Then I inherited some money and was able to shop on my own. I went crazy for several weeks. I bought all my favorite foods and really pigged out.

     After a while I got tired of all these foods. It just wasn't a treat anymore if I could have them anytime I wanted to. Now I'm to the point where I don't even want to eat anymore. Of course I do but I've really cut down on my portions and eat healthier. I'm lucky because I do love my fruits and vegetables and now my weight is slowly dropping day by day.

     The lesson here is that part of wanting is that you don't have it, once you do have it, it's just not that special or important anymore. This transition may take some weeks but the lasting good habits are worth it.

     A word of caution. My top favorite foods are still an overeating trap for me. For instance put some banana creme pie or watermelon in front of me and see if you get your arm back.Therefore I do not often buy those. I would suggest making a list of about 10 to 20 foods that you prefer and list them in order of favorites. Avoid buying the top foods you know you'll eat too much of and just stock the rest of the list and enjoy them.

  1.         Eat slowly
  2. Use smaller plates
  3. Put the food away before you start eating what's on your plate
  4. Take a look at yourself eating in front of the mirror

1 comments:

mr said...

Interesting points. Should experiment with that

 

Diet, Weight Loss-Dying For Food © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair